Sunday, March 1, 2009

Page Building never ends.

Back again and more NiHao news to share.

This week looks to be a possible happy week for the NiHao team. Last week I wrote to a MMORPG game company suggesting that we could join in a subsidary partnership.

The game company reffered to is called Net Dragon and is based in the neighbouring city of Fuzhou.

They replied to me happily indicating that they were busy for that week and would set up a meeting for the following week. Of course I was ecstatic about the news and have been on cloud 9 since then.

So this week...fingers crossed :)

So in the mean time I have continued on tidying up loose ends at the webfront and have added a few more dot coms to the mess I call the NiHao Matrix.

The first of these was the TEACHmats site. I built TEACHmats a long time back but never got to launching it. Reason being that when the NiHao Project had begun I thought I would add TEACHmats to NiHao when NiHao reaches its final stages of development.

So TEACHmats is alive again, but far from completed.

I bought the dot com TEACHmats.com and then proceeded on to copying the text files from the olde TEACHmats to this the new model.

For now the site is still lacking in actual resources for which it boasts to have. But...that will come.

Then onto my next merry adventure; the newly founded NiHao Entomology Department.

Entomology is the study of bugs. Playing a small joke in the NiHao Forums I thought it would be cute to rename the bug report section to the NiHao Entomology Department. After having a bit of fun creating this forum section I ran with the idea and developed a website around it. 

See the original forum entry: NiHao Entomology Department. Scroll down the new page to the section titled Basement.

See the Entomology Website: NiHao Museum Entomology Department.

So a bit of fun was had here :)

Moving on to an important inclusion to the NiHao group of sites was the addition of the Developer's website.

As with every developer company NiHao World has reached a stand still point from where new dev's need to be called upon. What better than to set up a site especially with this goal in mind. The Dev-Guild website is not pretty by any means but it is light, fast, and functional. Its purpose is to introduce the NiHao projects to potential new NiHao Developers and to provide a Join NiHao area.

Visit the Dev-Guild website.

Finally but super most important of the sites I have put up of late is the Superstorms website.

Superstorms is an organization that I created some years back and it has been growing steadilly ever since. Superstorms is a volunteer organization that specializes in typhoon rescues and support.

If you don't know what a typhoon is then think about it as a very huge cyclone storm.

At the end of last typhoon season I took the Superstorms site down with a plan to have near completed the NiHao project before the next typhoon season and hence give the site an overhaul.

Well it didn't quite get an overhaul, as the old site was more than 1000 pages big. Instead I have trimmed it down to a few pages acting as an information booklet regarding Superstorms and will have links going out to the more bulkier data pages.

Superstorms has always been my pet project and almost all I do is done around the Superstorms project. NiHao for example was concieved with the idea that someday it would offer financial support to Superstorms hence making my burden a little lighter.

So there I am in all nudity....I am not a gamer, nor am I a CEO of a gaming Empire, in all honesty I am the head of a non-profit org that is designed to help others in times of disasters :)

Visit the new but not yet completed Superstorms site. 

So the empire grows with more www pages cluttering the internet universe and I hope these pages prove useful to some and many. 

Thats me for today....hoping for a word of magic from Net Dragon and awaiting to write that word here next week :)

3 comments:

cfcf said...

Have a good meeting with netdragon. I had a dragon calendar in my room. I used to hang it up on the wall. Since I moved to a new place, I have it underneath the shelf of my German TV.

Cheers:)

Grant K said...

Thanks. yes the meeting went well :)

Unknown said...

whats wrong with chinese tv, mine was ok