Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Web Eyes

Working with the HostDepartment servers is not such a harrowing experience.

Not only am I acheiving alot in a short time, but am also learning alot while I am at it.

In this past week I have near completed a successful website build, added to that a new forum, a picture gallery, an online shop, and an email server. Of which all are working fine.

Then I added a blog server to it all, which is not working fine but that is my fault I think.

And the NiHao3d website looks quite polished as a finished entity.

One complaint about HostDepartment that I do have is that they do not reply to user's tickets in a timely manner.

I sent them a ticket like a week ago and am still waiting for a reply.
This is a nuisance I have to admit. As I am getting as much as I can done in a relatively small time frame.

Problem solving should be a quick, lets get our hands dirty, I'm finished affair.

Desperately longing to get this web stuff out of the way.
Sure its fun to see your work looking good and available for all to see, but my main point in it all is the 3d game, of which no work has been done during this time.

Regardless of my ticket's complaint with HostDepartment I still give them the thumbs up.

It took me a little while to get used to their system as its stictly a linux system, and my web server is a windows image built upon that. But the running gear of the Admin is purely linux and is just a little different than windows.

Yet it runs well. And because its linux I have no fears regarding security.

So a big thumbs up for HostingDepartment for a cost effective, clean system.

Just hope they answer my tickets soon :)

Web Eyes...
Tired, sore and living in a world of fuzzy white screens.

Want to get back to game developing soon and return to the world of 3d and full colour :)

No comments: