Monday, October 13, 2008

Dumped GoDaddy

I had to change from GoDaddy as a webhost to HostDepartment because the GoDaddy server IP's were blocked from within China, which is no good to me.

I am not angry at all about this but I kind of expected a "pay for host" to have such issues resolved.

I can understand a free server being blocked, but a payed server?

Host Department gets by this blocking problem by having very strict TOS; Terms of Services and for that I am actually happy.

I would rather that then be sharing hosting with "god knows what" as a neighbouring IP site.

eg: The molesting of and fornicating with Whales Forums :)

So time was wasted, around a week in fact, but I have found my "satisfactory solution" and work goes on.

Today I have just finished setting up the email server at Host Department.
Then onto the user's Blog servers.

Oh.....busy, busy, busy, but nearly all done.

When I have got all of this webstuff out of the way it will be back to game developing....

My favourite part in it all :)

No comments: