Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Virgin Again

Well my first blog outside of all of the other things that I do and write my name on.

Today 20th August 2008:

Whats on the calendar...

Most important of the things to do:
Madness has kept me on my toes these last two days.
Typhoon Nuri, Level 3 typhoon, is heading for China.
The Superstorms website to update; http://www.superstorms.org/
The Wunderground website to update; http://www.wunderground.com/blog/MrTyphoon/show.html
And dozens of telephone calls going out to the various Superstorms Regions.

Second on the calendar:
Yesterday I had to take the NiHao Live servers down; http://www.nihao3d.com/
Funding NiHao3d has become a real burden.
Keeping it funded isn't much of a problem, but financing it for further growth is where the burden lies.

A less worrisome event:
Yesterday NiHao3d went into talks again with Multiverse; http://www.multiverse.net/
We have always liked what the guys at Multiverse were doing, and considered a partnership with them 4 months ago.
But talks broke down over some trivial matter.
However today's Multiverse has had some management changes, won sponsorship from IBM, and is worth looking into again.
Surprisingly in a nice way, was the reception we recieved from them upon our first request for talks.
Nice to see some happy faces again.

So a busy few days have past, and a few more busy days are ahead.
Typhoon Nuri will keep me on my toes for another few days.
NiHao3d; well my heart weeps at the state of her.
Multiverse is a foot in the right direction though. Of course this is all dependent upon how the future talks go. And even if they go well, there is alot of work lying ahead of the NiHao Studios Team to get the game as we have it today, converted over to the Multiverse platform.

Nihao Studios link: http://www.superstorms.org/NiHao/NiHao%20Studios/index.html

The greatest of my calendar's pencil scratchings:
I have had a very long run of misfortune unfortunately. Foremost of my misfortunes is that of being stuck in a foreign country that has near banned me from working, but still expects me to run my organization.

haha go figure huh?

Because of the big events happening in China these days, alot of new rules came into play.
Of course these new laws, which are not entirely bad laws; affected nearly every foreigner that was in China at the time, me included.

Me; well I had just moved to a new city when it had all happened. Got a small job helping out at a local school for pocket money while I went about making enquiries into setting up another Superstorms Branch office.

Then the new laws kicked in.
I was told I could no longer work at the school.
"So then what?"
Well nothing is what.
There aint much for foreigners to do in China other than English teaching.
So 4 months later and I am still here, still unemployed, and haven't eaten a square meal in god knows how long.

But to the contrare; If I were not here to perform my Superstorms CEO duties; I would have the world's 2nd largest population screaming down my neck for every lost soul that these big typhoons bring.

Go figure.

So onward I go, taking each day as each day happens, and hoping for a light to appear in my very long, black, neverending tunnel.

Maybe it will, and maybe it wont.
But I keep on waiting for it anyhow.

No comments: